There are many health conditions that can contribute to immobility. It’s important to remain as active as possible if you find yourself or your loved one with a condition that has caused limitation in your daily movement.
Here are some of the health effects of not moving.
- Increased work load on your heard
- Blood clots may form due to lack of movement
- Fluid Collections in the body
- Skin breakdown
“ Life is like riding a bicycle… to keep you balance you must keep moving” Albert Einstien
To improve your health you must increase your movement. Get up and Get moving.
Tips on increasing mobility
- Always check with your doctor before beginning any activity
- Start slowly. Do not add unnecessary stress to your body by trying to move to fast or too quick.
- If you hurt, stop and slow down
- Find an activity that you enjoy. You will be more likely not to give up if it is something that you look forward to doing.
- Be aware. Listen to your body during your activity if you feel any shortness of breath, chest pressure or if you feel lightheaded/ dizzy and/or nauseas, consult your doctor right away.
- Do not do outdoor activities in excessive cold or heat. This could have adverse health effects.
If you are struggling on what to do to get moving here are a few simple activities that you can do at home.